AlpineMojo Ski School Terms & Conditions
- Reservations can be made online, by email, or by telephone.
- In order to secure a reservation, payment is required in full at the time of booking. (Unless otherwise agreed and confirmed in writing by us)
- If a deposit has been taken to secure a reservation, the remainder of the balance must be paid no later than 21 days before the commencement of lessons.
We reserve the right to amend this deadline in the event we receive an enquiry from another client that clashes with your reservation. In this event we will make contact with you to obtain the remainder of the payment. If payment is not made then we have the right to re-sell your reservation, any deposit paid will be refunded in line with our standard refund terms and conditions.
- The price of lessons does not include; lift passes, equipment rental or insurance.
- Please note that it is customary for clients to pay for the instructor’s lunch on full day lessons.
- For reasons of safety, it is a condition of booking that clients respect the professional judgement of their instructor while they are in the lesson.
- If, at any time during your lesson, there is cause for complaint, please let us know immediately and we will endeavour to address any issue.
- Cancellations made 21 or more days prior to the start of the first lesson, will receive a refund of 100% of the total cost, excluding a handling fee.
- Cancellations made between 10 days and 21 days prior to the start of the first lesson will receive a refund of 50% of the total cost of the lessons.
- Cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the start of the first lesson will not receive a refund.
- Lessons take place in all weather conditions. Poor weather conditions are not deemed a valid reason for cancellation of a lesson, and cannot be re-booked or refunded so long as it is possible for the lesson to be carried out.
- AlpineMojo cannot be held accountable for any event deemed to be ‘an act of God’ including severe weather, or a breakdown of the lift system. In the event of a complete breakdown of the lift systems, the cost of ski lessons are not refundable by AlpineMojo. We recommend clients have adequate insurance to cover such events. AlpineMojo has a separate policy in response to the resort being shut by COVID measures, see below)
- If you are unable to attend a lesson due to ill health, injury or any other valid reason, (unless it is linked to COVID-19 and explicitly covered within our cancellation policy detailed in the COVID Cancellation Policy below) AlpineMojo must be provided with a letter from a health practitioner stating the reason for absence in order to provide a refund. Unfortunately, a refund cannot be given without a doctor’s note. However, upon request we will provide a letter confirming your absence to aid you in your claim with your personal winter sports insurance provider.
- Reservations can be made online, by email, or by telephone.
COVID Cancellation Policy
Flexibility is provided in the event lessons are cancelled due to COVID-19. If you’re unable to take the lessons due to any of the following reasons, you will receive a full refund:
- AlpineMojo have to cancel your lessons.
- In cases of partial or total confinement of Switzerland, resulting in the closure of leisure facilities, including the ski lifts.
- In cases of partial or total confinement of the client’s country of origin.
- If quarantine is imposed by Switzerland upon arrival in country, or a quarantine imposed by the client’s country upon return, which does not reasonably allow him to travel.
In the event you need to cancel, to receive a full refund, the booking must be cancelled at least 24 hours before the start of the lesson.
- The Verbier meeting point is at Medran, below the clocks, unless requested otherwise.
- The Nendaz meeting point is at the top of the Tracouet Télécabine, unless requested otherwise.
- Clients are requested to be punctual to meet their instructor at the previously agreed start time and location. In the event of late arrival to the meeting point, our instructors will wait for up to 20 minutes if there has been no word from the client directly or through the AlpineMojo Office. After this time, the instructor is entitled to leave and the customer is liable for full payment for the lesson. Unfortunately, any delays to the start time of the lesson cannot be refunded or made up in time at the end of the lesson.
Insurance and Liability
Activities such as skiing and snowboarding are hazardous and participants undertake them at their own risk. Therefore it is the responsibility of clients to ensure they have taken the appropriate insurance coverage for any activities undertaken with AlpineMojo. e.g. third party liability insurance, health insurance, accident and rescue insurance (required for off-piste activities).
AlpineMojo will not be responsible for death or any injury, losses or accidents however they may occur during lessons, other than where the accident is caused by AlpineMojo’s own negligence.
It is the responsibility of clients to ensure they are appropriately equipped to go off-piste skiing i.e. at minimum; a transceiver, shovel and avalanche probe. AlpineMojo can organise the hire of avalanche safety equipment, if notified 24 hours before the lesson.
It is the responsibility of the client to have appropriate insurance for skiing off-piste. If a client does not have the minimum required safety equipment or insurance, then they will not be taken to ski off-piste.
During lessons AlpineMojo may take photos and video of clients, (including children under 18) skiing and boarding. Our instructors use the photographs and videos to provide feedback and instruction. We may then wish to use these for marketing. If you do not want us to use digital imagery for marketing purposes then please say so when booking.
AlpineMojo only saves the necessary data and uses your details only in the context of booking ski lessons and to facilitate order processing. We will also use email addresses supplied at the time of the booking to add to our mailing list to send you newsletters or future promotional offers. If you do not wish to be added to our mailing list please say so at the time of booking and we can remove your details. Your personal details are kept private and treated with confidentiality and we will not disclose any of your details to third parties.